Google
 

Friday, November 16, 2007

Alaska

























The family took a cruise to Alaska on Norwegian Cruise Lines that provided tons of photographic opportunities. The ship started in Seattle, cruised up to Glacier Bay, and slowly made its way down the coast to end in Victoria, BC before returning to Seattle. I would highly recommend it! It was something else to see the glaciers coming down the mountain and 'calving' into the sea.

Don't make the mistake I made: I left my 80-200mm f2.8 lens at home, thinking it was too much to bring. I would have gotten much sharper pictures of the eagles with this longer, faster lens. Even my wife couldn't believe I left it at home! Oh well, live and learn. How was I to know that the tour guide on a side excursion would take us out on a boat, stop at the bottom of some pine trees, and drop fish in the water so we could take pictures of eagles coming in for a snack? The photo below was taken with the Nikon 18-70mm f3.5-4.5 kit lens that came with the D70 camera.


Come on folks, doesn't anyone have some photos from home or vacation they want to share? Tell us where you took them, what equipment you used, technique, etc.

No comments: